Friday, January 11, 2008

Opening Wine Bottles with Screwdrivers

Last night I went to visit my daughter, Sarah. She lives about an hour away from me. When I go to visit, we generally hang out, eat, watch the Food Network, eat and fart around on SecondLife.


She was at work, so I let myself in, turned on the TV and cranked up my laptop. I figured I'd enjoy some wine, which as you will find, I like quite a bit.


I thought I could fool the wine since she doesn't have a corkscrew; someone once told me you can just push the cork in. Well, here I am with a screwdriver pushing very gently thinking... that air has no where to go... just as the cork pushed in and my glasses blew off.


I bet I looked like Craig T. Nelson in Poltergeist when that thing came out of the closet and his (small bit) of hair blew back and out came this scream, only my scream was silent.


After I got over the initial temporary blindness and groped my way to the bathroom to take off my clothes, I didn't even think about how i might have ruined one of my favorite shirts or the mess that surely must await me around the corner... I could only think. OH MY GOD IF I GET PULLED OVER TOMORROW THEY'LL THROW ME IN JAIL FOR SURE WITH THIS STENCH! So now Sarah's kitchen walls are pretty clean. I do have to say I was impressed by how the spray was contained by the wall area behind the sink and my FACE.

No comments: